Drug Free Safety Program 10.22.19
This is the seminar you do not want to miss and is another opportunity for workers' compensation savings is available to you!
These educational sessions are designed to help employers meet the initial and refresher training requirements for the Drug-Free Safety Program (DFSP). Proof of attendance will be provided.
- Employee Education (7:30am-8:30am) meets current DFSP Employee Education requirements. This seminar reviews what constitutes substance use, misuse and consequences for violating company policies; substance use signs and symptoms; effects of commonly used drugs in the workplace; and assistance employees can receive if they have substance problems.
- Refresher Supervisor Training (8:45am-9:45am) meets current DFSP Refresher Supervisor Training requirements for all those supervisors who have already completed the Initial Supervisor Training.
- Initial Supervisor Training (10:00am-12:00pm) meets current DFSP Initial Supervisor Training requirements. In this session, supervisors will learn how to initiate reasonable suspicion, post-accident and other types of testing; general information on how to apply, implement and carry out a DFSP; how to recognize possible alcohol/drug impairment; and how to document behaviors that demonstrate alcohol/drug use. This course will meet the requirement for the 7/1/18 program year.
You’ll learn ……
- The importance of implementing a program
- Drug-Free Safety Program discount levels
- Program requirements
- Safety reporting requirements
- Program compatibility
Attending this seminar will provide an opportunity to communicate one-on-one with our expert facilitator regarding any questions you may have about the program.