Powell Company, Inc.
JANITORIAL EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
Founded in 1946 in Lima Ohio by Robert T. Powell, The Powell Company provides management support services, equipment and consumable supplies used to maintain the appearance, safety and cleanliness of business facilities and occupants, equipment, and textiles.
In its early days, much of Powell's sales were derived from supplying soap and cleaning supplies to local churches and schools. Today, The Powell Company is the largest company of its kind in the region, supplying products to organizations in Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Michigan.
The 1990s were a period of growth for The Powell Company. In 1992 Gordon Supply in Dayton, Ohio was purchased to expand janitorial product sales in the southwestern portions of Ohio.
In 1995 The Powell Co was purchased by Lima-based businessmen, and in 1996 relocated to a much larger 94,000 square foot facility at the intersection of interstate 75 and state route 65.
In 1997, The Powell Co purchased US Chemical. This purchase increased distribution of janitorial, warewash and laundry supplies western Ohio and eastern Indiana.
In Sept. 2000 Powell purchased Toledo Industrial Maintenance Supply in Toledo, Ohio. This acquisition provided new industrial chemicals and janitorial products